I'm told The Cultural Evolution is The Biggest Event of the Year :-)
The Symposium contains a huge selection of excellent speakers from all over the UK and Europe, and the event is crammed full of interesting and inspiring presentations and demonstrations. Cost is £40 for the day, (£26 of which is the catering cost per individual and includes a fabulous lunch and drinks reception).
This is a real chance to bring together the experts in new technologies, inventors, innovators, electrical, lighting and sound specialists, mobile, touch-screen and GPS developers, as well as digital and social media technologists, communicators, tourism industries, heritage centres, planners, city strategists, developers and architects, councillors, creative practitioners and students to name a few.
The Symposium aims to provide a unique opportunity to bring together the movers and shakers as well as the enablers, specialists, informers and supporters, inspiring those people to act together in catalysing progress in Yorkshire.
The symposium has three main sections:
‘New interpretation of City and Culture,’
‘New Interpretation of Heritage and Culture’ and
‘Age of interactivity – Engage with the Target Audience.’
Each session will have three speakers from various organisations talking about the topic, followed by plenty of time to ask questions, comment and discuss the content during Q&A sessions.
* Simon Smith of LUCI (Lighting Urban Community International)
* Belinda Kidd and Arthur Stafford of Liverpool Arts Regeneration Consortium
* Julia Unwin of Joseph Rowntree Foundation
* Jane Field of BEAM
* Mairi Robertson of New Media Partners
* Lucy Wurstlin of 4IP
* Mat Lazenby of LazenbyBrown
* Marcus Romer and Kit Monkman of Pilot Theatre and KMA who will be exhibiting their 5Circles installation as part of the previously mentioned Illuminating York Festival.
* Ben Stern and Markus Dorninger of Gaia Nova and OMA International who will be exhibiting their ‘Tagtool’ technology during Illuminating York
* Chris Walker of BrightWhite LTD who will be exhibiting ‘Vespertine,’ also as part of Illuminating York.
Full details can be found online at:
Or if you want to book a place register at: